32 Manuscripts & 1 Book Chapter
33. Bagavathiannan, M., H. Beckie, G. Chantre, J.L. Gonzalez-Andjujar, R. Leon, P. Neve, S. Poggio, B.J. Schutte, G.J. Somerville, R. Werle., and R.C. Van Acker. Simulation models in weed ecology and management: structure, quantitative insights, and applications. Agronomy. 10(10), 1611.
32. Oliveira, M.C., O.A. Ospitan, K. Begcy, and R. Werle. 2020. Cover crops, hormones and herbicides: Priming integrated weed management strategies. Plant Science. 301:110550 (invited submission).
31. Soltani, N., M.C. Oliveira, G.S. Alves, R. Werle, J.K. Norsworthy, C.L. Sprague, B.G. Young, D.B. Reynolds, A. Brown, and P. Sikkema. 2020. Large-scale off-target movement assessment of dicamba in North America. Weed Technology.34:318-330.
30. Sciarresi, C., C. Proctor, E.R. Haramoto, L.E. Lindsey, G.I. Carmona, R. Elmore, S. Everhart, W. Looker, M. Marroquin-Guzman, J. McMechan, J. Wehrbein, R. Werle, and M. Salmeron. 2020. Evaluating short-season soybean management adaptations for cover crop rotations with a crop simulation model. Field Crops Research. 250:107734.
29. B.C. Vieira, J.D. Luck, K.L. Amundsen, R. Werle, T.A. Gaines, and G.R. Kruger. 2020. Herbicide drift exposure leads to reduced herbicide sensitivity in Amaranthus spp. Scientific Reports. 10:2146.
28. Vieira, B.C., J.D. Luck, K.L. Amundsen, T.A. Gaines, R. Werle, and G.R. Kruger. 2019. Response of Amaranthus spp. following exposure of sublethal herbicide rates via spray particle drift. PLoS ONE. 14(7).
27. Oliveira, M., L. Butts, and R. Werle. 2019. Assessment of cover crop management strategies in Nebraska, US. 2019. Agriculture. 9(6):124.
26. Lo, T.H., D.R. Rudnick, C.A. Burr, M.C. Stockton, and R. Werle. 2019. Approaches to evaluating grower irrigation and fertilizer nitrogen amount and timing. Agricultural Water Management. 213:693-706. Accepted Directly by the Editor Due to High Quality and Relevance to Readers.
25. Werle, R., M.C. Oliveira, A.J. Jhala, C.A. Proctor, J. Rees, and R. Klein. 2018. Survey of Nebraska farmers’ adoption of dicamba-resistant soybean technology and dicamba off-target movement. Weed Technology. 32:754-761.
24. Butts, T.R., B.C. Vieira, D.O. Latorre, R. Werle, and G. Kruger. 2018. Competitiveness of herbicide-resistant waterhemp (Amaranthus tuberculatus) with soybeans. Weed Science. 66:729-737.
23. Oliveira, M.C., G.A.M. Pereira, E.A. Ferreira, J.B. Santos, S.Z. Knezevic, and R. Werle. 2018. Additive design: the concept and data analysis. Weed Research. 58:335-347.
22. Vennapusa, A.R., F. Faleco, B. Vieira, S. Samuelson, G.R. Kruger, R. Werle, and M. Jugulam. 2018. Prevalence and mechanism of atrazine resistance in common waterhemp (Amaranthus tuberculatus) from Nebraska. Weed Science. 66:595-601.
21. Stepanovic, S.V., C. Burr, J.A. Peterson, D. Santra, D. Rudnick, T. Adesemoye, C.F. Creech, and R. Werle. 2018. Field peas response to seeding rate, depth and inoculant in west-central Nebraska. Agronomy Journal. 110:1412-1419.
20. Werle, R., and J. Miller. 2018. Survey of Nebraska soybean producers: current and future status of weed management. Journal of Extension. 56(2).
19. Werle, R., C. Burr, and H. Blanco-Canqui. 2018. Cereal rye cover crop suppresses winter annual weeds. Canadian Journal of Plant Science. 98:498-500.
18. Vieira, B.C., S.L. Samuelson, G.S. Alves, T.A. Gaines, R. Werle, and G.R. Kruger. 2018. Distribution of glyphosate-resistant Amaranthus spp. in Nebraska. Pest Management Science. Wiley Online Library. DOI 10.1002/ps.4781
17. Rudnick, D.R., T. Lo, J. Singh, R. Werle, F. Munoz-Arriola, T. Shaver, C.A. Burr, T.J. Dorr. 2018. Reply to comments on “Performance assessment of factory and field calibrations for electromagnetic sensors in a loam soil”. Agricultural Water Management. 203:272-276.
16. Singh, J., T. Lo, D.R. Rudnick, T.J. Dorr, C.A. Burr, R. Werle, T.M. Shaver, F. Munoz-Arriola. 2018. Performance assessment of factory and field calibrations for electromagnetic sensors in a loam soil. Agricultural Water Management. 196:87-98.
15. Elmore, R.W., R. Werle, C. Wortmann, P. Tukamuhabwa, and N. Mueller. 2018. Sustainable soybean production research and practice: contrasting case studies from three soybean production areas. Nguyen, H. (ed.), Achieving sustainable cultivation of soybeans Volume 1: Breeding and cultivation techniques, Burleigh Dodds Science Publishing, Cambridge, UK (ISBN: 978 1 78676 112 5)
14. Barnes, E., R. Werle, L.D. Sandell, J.L. Lindquist, S.Z. Knezevic, P.H. Sikkema, and A. Jhala. 2017. Influence of tillage on common ragweed (Ambrosia artemisiifolia) emergence pattern in Nebraska. Weed Technology. 31:623-631.
13. Werle, R., K. Begcy, M. K. Yerka, I. Dweikat, A. J. Jhala, J. P. Mower, and J. L. Lindquist. 2017. Independent evolution of acetolactate synthase-inhibiting herbicide resistance in weedy Sorghum populations across common geographic regions. Weed Science. 65:164-176.
12. Werle, R., B. Tenhumberg, and J. L. Lindquist. 2017. Modeling the evolution of shattercane resistance to ALS-inhibiting herbicides in an ALS-tolerant sorghum cropping system. Ecological Modeling. 343:131-141.
11. Saini, S., R. Werle, L.D. Sandell, and A. Jhala. 2016. Spring-tillage has no effect on the emergence pattern of glyphosate-resistant giant ragweed (Ambrosia trifida L.) in Nebraska. Canadian Journal of Plant Science. 96: 726-729.
10. Werle, R., A. Jhala, M.K. Yerka, J.A. Dille, and J.L. Lindquist. 2016. Distribution of herbicide-resistant shattercane and johnsongrass populations in sorghum production areas of Nebraska and northern Kansas. Agronomy Journal. 108:321-328. Invited Submission.
9. Werle, R., L.J. Giesler, M.L. Bernards, and J.L. Lindquist. 2015. Likelihood of soybean cyst nematode (Heterodera glycines) reproduction on henbit (Lamium amplexicaule) roots in Nebraska. Weed Technology. 29:35-41.
8. Werle, R., L.D. Sandell, D.D. Buhler, R.G. Hartzler, and J.L. Lindquist. 2014. Predicting emergence of twenty three summer annual weed species. Weed Science. 62:267-279.
7. Werle, R., M.L. Bernards, T.J. Arkebauer, and J.L. Lindquist. 2014. Environmental triggers of winter annual weed emergence in the midwestern United States. Weed Science. 62:83-96.
6. Werle, R., L.L. Perez, L.D. Sandell, and J.L. Lindquist. 2014. Corn (Zea mays) emergence and early growth as influenced by tansymustard (Descurainia pinnata) residue. Crop Management. doi:10.2134/CM-2013-0088-RS.
5. Werle, R., J.J. Schmidt, J. Laborde, A. Tran, C. Creech, and J.L. Lindquist. 2014. Shattercane X ALS-resistant sorghum F1 hybrid and shattercane interference in ALS-resistant sorghum. Journal of Agricultural Science. 6:159-165.
4. Werle, R., M.L. Bernards, L.J. Giesler, and J.L. Lindquist. 2013. Influence of two herbicides on soybean cyst nematode (Heterodera glycines) reproduction on henbit (Lamium amplexicaule) roots. Weed Technology. 27:41-46. Outstanding paper in Weed Technology.
3. Han, C., C. Borman, D. Osantowski, J. Wagnitz, K. Koehler-Cole, K. Korus, E. Sonderegger, R. Werle, T. Wood, and J. L. Lindquist. 2012. Productivity of field pea (Pisum sativum L.) and spring oat (Avena sativa L.) grown as sole and intercrops under different nitrogen levels. Journal of Agricultural Science. 4:136-143.
2. Rosolem, C.A., R. Werle, R.A. Garcia. 2010. Nitrogen washing from C3 and C4 cover grasses residues by rain. Revista Brasileira de Ciência do Solo. 34:1899-1905.
1. Werle, R., R.A. Garcia, C.A. Rosolem. 2008. Potassium leaching as affected by soil texture and potassium availability. Revista Brasileira de Ciência do Solo. 32:2297-2305 (In Portuguese with English abstract).